Saturday, November 6, 2010
PROFESIONAL COOKING KNIFE FOR SALE
The metal that a knife blade is made of is an important consideration, since the metal be able to take and hold a very fine edge.
1. Carbon steel is the traditional favorite, because it can be honed to an extremely sharp edge.
2. Stainless steel will not rust or corrode,but it is much harder to sharpen.
3. High -carbon stainless steel is a relatively new alloy that combines the best aspects of carbon steel and stainless steel. It takes an edge almost as well as carbon steel, and it will not rust,corrode,or discolor. Knives made of this material are highly prized and are relatively expensive.
good brand usually been in my kitchen is : Victorinox - from swiss and Gaisser from Germany.
1. Chef Knife: for general purpose chopping, slicing,dicing and others. Blade lenght of 10 and 12 inches are most popular for general work .
price : RM500 - RM800.00
2. Utility knife: narrow pointed knife 6 to 8 inches long. Used mostly for pantry work, cutting and preparing lettuce,fruits and so on. also useful for carving roasted chicken and duck.Price: RM450 - RM600.00
3. Paring knife: Small pointed blade 2 to 2 1/2 inched long. used for trimming and paring vegetables and fruits.
Price: RM40.00 - RM45.00
4. Boning knife: Thin ,pointed blade about 6 inches long. Used for boning raw meats and poultry:
Price: RM350 -RM450
5. Steel ( butcher steel): Not a knife, but an essential part of the knife kit. Used for truing and maintaining knife edge.
Price: RM500.00 - RM600.00
made order to: 019-3974978