Sunday, November 2, 2008
COOKING TIP - MUSHROOM
Preparation - Mushroom
The best way to clean mushroom is to wipe them with a damp cloth to remove any surplus dirt. Seperate the stem from the cap to see if they are hiding a host of invading inserts/; the stalks tend to become maggot -ridden firts. Do not peel mushrooms - the skin contains a lot the nutritional goodness and flavour. If you are adding raw mushrooms to a salad or wish to prepare them in advance of cooking and do not want them to discolour,coat them with lemon juice.
Recipe: Cream Of Mushroom soup
Yield: 4 portions
2 lit Chicken stock/ water
200ml Cooking Cream
1 tbsp Garlic- Chiopped
80g Onion - sliced
100g Celery - peeled skin /sliced
100g Shitake Mushroom- sliced
100g Oyster Mushroom- sliced
100g Button Mushroom- sliced
80g Portion butter
1 tbsp Chicken seasoning powder
Salt to taste
1. heat up the butter ,saute chopped garlic, onion, celery and add all the mushroom, the saute till golden brown.
2. Add water or chicken stock, let it boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add cooking cream,lemon juice and keep stirring. lastly adjust seasoning with salt .
4. Remove from the stove let it warm and put in the electric blender.
5. Blend till fine then reheat again in soup pot.
6. Ready to serve garnih with chopped parsley and serve with Garlic bread.