Wednesday, October 8, 2008
WHAT IS PIZZA
It was not until the eighteeth century that the pizza of pizzas-pizza made with tomatoes-first appeared. The reasob for is tardy apperence is the same as thet for spaghetti with tomato sauce,another dish that conquerd naples and wet on to coquer the world. Tomatoes simply werenot intruduced to Europe from the " New for Eurpens to dicover thier culinary value and for Neapolitans in particular to incorporate them into their cooking.
Tomato pizza is thereforce a relatively recent arrival in the history of food. Yet it is this pizza which has gained worldwide popularity and is geneally te image that people have they think of pizza. That there are pizzarias all over the world today attest to its success.
Today's pizza is a piece of leavened dough,usually baked as a round with a wide variety of topping.
Vesions of pizza have been known is southern Italy since ancient times,some topped with olive, seafood, meat and herbs. Made with unleaved dough ,they were eaten by both Greeks and Romans.
HOW TO MAKE A PIZZA BASE:
40g Fresh Yeast/20g dry yeast
125 Lukewarm water
1 tsp Salt
1. stir the yeast into lukewarm water and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2.Meanwhile,sift the flour into pastry board and make well in the centre.
3. Pour in the yeast and mix well.
4. Make in a ball and make a cross on top with the tip of a knife.
5. Cover the dough with white cloth and let it rest in warm,draught -free place for 1 hour.
TOMATO SAUCE FOR PIZZA ( 250ml)
1kg ripe tomatoes
30ml Olive oil
1. Halve the tomatoes and squeeze out the seed and all the liquid or remove them with a spoon.
2. Put the tomato in saucepan with the oil and sugar and cook over low heat for about 7 minutes,stirring frequently.
3. Put the tomato mixture in a sieve and let in drain over a bowl for about 10 minutes,the discard watrey liquid.
4. Replace the bowl and press the tomato mixture through the sieve .
5. If not needed immediately,allow the sauce cool,then refrigerate up to 5days.
PIZZA FOUR SEASON
yield: 2 pieces
200g ready make pizza dough
6 tbsp Tomato pizza sauce
80g Mixed seafood ( Mussel,Prawn, Squid ) Blanched
80g Thin sliced raosted beef or beef bacon
80g Thin sliced fresh Shitake mushroom
80g Can pineapple cut into small cube
abit mixed herbs ( Oregano,thyme,basil,coriander)
100g Mozerella cheese -grated
1. Preheat the oven with temperature at 220C.
2 Roll the dough and pour with tomato sauce.
3. Top with mixed seafood,roasted beef,shitake mushroom,mixed herbs and cheese.
4. Baked in the oven with temperature 220C for about 10- 15 minutes.